As part of a Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant, substance abuse prevention services are being made readily available to the citizens of Wetzel County. The Wetzel County Coalition Against Drug Abuse is comprised of various community members who are dedicated to reduce the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in Wetzel County.
WCCADA has a number of ongoing projects such as:
- Iimplementing evidence-based curriculum in the schools
- Hosting Rx Drug Takeback Days
- Supporting Drug Free Clubs of America in Magnolia High School
- Comprising a Youth Advisory Council to the coalition
- Sponsoring Family Fun Nights for children and their families to have a fun substance-free time
- and much more
The coalition is always looking for new individuals who are willing to step-up and help create a safe and healthy environment for the citizens of Wetzel County. Contact Beth Goddard for more information on how you can get involved and help the Wetzel County Coalition Against Drug Abuse.
Drug Prevention Coalition Coordinator
Wetzel County Center for Children and Families
2213 Mountaineer Highway
New Martinsville, WV
Phone: (304) 455-2468
Fax: (304) 455-1788