The mission of the Wetzel County Center for Children and Families, Inc. (WCCCF) is to provide programs and services that support and strengthen Wetzel County Families through interagency coordination, collaboration and communication. The Center primarily serves the riverfront area (New Martinsville and Paden City). In addition, pre-school children from Tyler County also participate in special Center activities because of their close geographic proximity and because they do not have a family resource center.
The WCCCF provides better access to community services, agencies and programs for children and their families through a “one-stop-shop” location with the following agencies/programs located or provided at the center:
- Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Northern Panhandle Early Head Start
- Early Start Program (Board of Education Preschool)
- Three Year Old Autism Classroom
- Speech Therapy (ages 3-5)
- Parents as Teachers (PAT)
- West Virginia University Extension
- Adult Basic Education
Other services offered include playgroups, parent/child activities, parent support, resource referral and a baby pantry. In fiscal year 2012 we opened a satellite center to serve the Hundred area with services that families in that area need.